From front woman of the 90's house club/dance music group Deee-Lite to international DJ superstar, Lady Miss Kier has done it all. Elle magazine named her one of "Music's 25 Most Influential Style Icon's" and we couldn't agree more.
In a perfect world everyday would be a dance party... Press play and listen to a live set by Lady Miss Kier.
Check out this super cute Q & A Kier did with Pink Mafia.
1. What is your dream of happiness?
My dream of happiness these days is to be on the road with my new band singing all my new music.
2. Blonde or Brunette?
Red head… Silly!!!
3. What is the quality you like most in a person?
4. What do you fear most?
Betrayal from within my inner circle.
5. 808s or 909s?
808′s at the moment.
6. What’s your biggest regret?
Not accepting the invitation from Steve Jobs when i was invited after a speech i made about the future of the music business in 1995 to continue speaking on the same subject for apple and being transported on the apple jet.
7. What’s your fav bar or club in the world?
It was called the pyramid and no longer exists.
8. What’s the one thing you can’t live without?
9. What are the 3 musicians dead or alive you’d like to see perform?
Eddie Jefferson, Sylvester, Louis Jordan
10. What is your favorite decade in music?
That changes every decade and I pull inspiration from atleast 10 decades.
11. If you had to choose, would you rather go blind or deaf and why?
I’d rather go blind than deaf.
12. How old is too old?
I prefer spending time with older people who can tell me stories from experience - so as long as you can care and use your good heart than you’re not too old for anything.
13. Where do you see yourself in 15 years?
Directing videos, teaching art to children, falling in love again.
14. Who’s your hero?
Howard Zinn, and currently Jullianne Assange.
15. What’s your favourite colour?
At the moment I am having a great love affair with Lemon yellow.
16. What song could you live without ever hearing again?
Green eyed lady
17. Metallica or Madonna?
18. What’s your most hated vice?
That’s too personal to answer.
19. Who is the most tragic figure in history?
Life by nature is filled with tragedy. perhaps an unknown victim from rhawanda’s civil war or an innocent civilian in iraq, or those wrongly accused sitting on death row in the US prison system. So many with no voice.
20. What are the top three live shows you’ve seen in your life?
Ebony Bonez, Steve Arrington, Grace Jones.
Lady Miss Kier with the Legendary Willi Ninja.